Start a new decade off right by focusing on your hearing health. Here are some tips for better Hearing
1. Protect Your Ears. We all know that our hearing can be damaged by loud sounds, but did you know that prolonged exposure to noises over 85 decibels can also cause permanent hearing loss? One example is a lawn mower, which comes in around 90 dB. A motorcycle is 95 dB and a rock concert can be 110 – 125 dB. When you find yourself mowing the lawn, it is a good idea to wear headphones. The higher the decibel, the shorter amount of time your ears should be exposed to it.
2. Exercise. For many this is already a new year’s resolution, so it’s a 2 for 1! Maintaining a healthy lifestyle has been shown in studies to help promote healthy hearing.
3. Turn down the tunes. If you use headphones to listen to music, make sure you keep them at a reasonable volume. The same goes for a personal stereo system. They can reach damaging levels of 100 dB.
4. Don’t put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear. Inserting things into your ear canal like a cotton swab can damage your ears. We’re serious…don’t do it.
5. Watch for signs. If you experience any signs of hearing loss, it’s time to see a hearing professional. The sooner the problem can be addressed the better. Some signs of hearing loss include trouble following conversations, asking people to repeat themselves, withdrawing from social situations, and turning the tv up.
6. Regular checkups. People over 45 should have their hearing checked annually. If you notice any change in hearing, you should have it checked.
7. Forget the Stigma. Hearing aids are not what they used to be. Many are extremely discreet these days. New Hope Hearing is happy to show you the latest in hearing technology. Learn about all technology and all the features that hearing aids offer these days. For example, the Livio AI offers activity tracking and fall detection. New Hope Hearing also offers a 90 day money back guarantee.
If you feel you may have hearing loss, the team at New Hope Hearing can help. Call our office today to talk to one of our caring team members and book your free hearing assessment. We are conveniently located in Cambridge and offer home visiting services for those with limited mobility. Don’t wait, call today.Leave a reply