Have you ever wondered if you suffer from hearing loss? Did you know that people tend to wait between 5 and 7 years before seeking help after they first start experiencing symptoms? If you suspect that your hearing isn’t what it should be, you should book a hearing test as soon as possible to get it tested. Many hearing clinics offer free hearing screenings (we are one of them!), so what have you got to lose?
Still not convinced? We’ve put together this helpful list of the common signs of hearing loss.
- Asking people to repeat themselves.
- Having the volume of your TV or radio at levels that other people find loud.
- Finding it hard to hear people on the telephone.
- Feeling like people are mumbling or slurring their words.
- Finding it difficult to follow a fast-paced conversation.
- Having trouble understanding people in noisy places like a room full of people.
- Avoiding social situations that you would have once wanted to be a part of
- Being told by friends and family that they think you have hearing loss.
If you experience these symptoms above, it’s time to have your hearing tested. If you’re unsure what to expect at your appointment, please read our article, What to Expect at Your Hearing Assessment.Leave a reply